|Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom's Edge
||[Jun. 12th, 2010|10:37 pm]
Started from a random comment by sakon76 that a piece of music in BlazBlue sounded like it could come from the Phantom musical...
A beat'em'up in the style of BlazBlue or Guilty Gear, set to the musicals of Andrew Lloyd Webber. Playable characters include:
- The Phantom - Effectively the end boss, but playable when unlocked. Great mobility and a variety of close and distance attacks including a hangman's noose, quick movements through trap doors and a finishing attack where a chandelier is dropped on the opponent.
- Christine - Despite wearing a full ballgown, since she's female she is, of course, one of the faster / more agile characters. Her attacks are primarily song / sound based.
- Joseph - One of the heavier fighters, his attacks and movement are based on his Technicolour Dreamcoat. Different primary colours representing different stances and the coat itself moving / expanding / contracting to attack and defend.
- Pharaoh / The King - Who wouldn't want to play Elvis in a fighting game?
- Rum Tum Tugger - A close combat brawler with little to no ranged attacks. Bonus damage against female opponents.
- Mr. Mistoffelees - The absolute opposite of Tugger, Mistoffelees is based on evasion, ranged attacks and traps set with his magic.
- Jesus and Mary Magdalene - Both characters were available in the Japanese version but removed from the US release.
While Starlight Express doesn't contribute to the playable characters, it does add one of the most spectacular stages...